Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Weekend...











If you haven't taken the time to browse a farmers market recently I'm begging you: for the sake of your taste buds and culinary creativity you must find one this weekend! This season holds limitless potential for varieties, sizes, shades of color and great new things to try. (I'm looking forward to my first bag of pea shoots this week.)

Andrew would be wise to give me a spending limit as I load Aimée up into the stroller and strike out for our Saturday morning market, because I lose all sense of self control with piles of glistening eggplant, peaches wrapped in their velvet skins, small mountains of corn.

Did I mention that a local German bakery has a huge stall, loaded with treats that aren't too sweet, just sweet enough? I've walked quickly past them thus far, because a particularly dense fudge brownie calls my name so seductively. Once I give in I'm going to relapse into Sugar Land. Maybe next week...