Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wreck...



Our house is a delicious wreck this morning.

Last night I spent the evening with a friend, shopping for clothes that will make us feel pretty but won't leave the budget gasping for air. We planned all the losing and toning that we hope this spring will include. And then we ate a days worth of calories in burgers, wings and fries, laughing and diving deep into authenticity.

The cherry on the top was coming home to curl up on the couch and enjoy the latest episode of The Office. Guys, it was a great evening. Throwing responsibility and tidiness to the wind, I rolled into bed leaving the house a fantastic disaster. I never do that. I mean, maybe every couple of months when I'm unusually tired or have to be up super early. But this was pure, luxurious abandonment of everything I try so hard for...and it felt great.

This morning I'm not allowing myself to hurry around and make up for yesterday, but am easing into the day with chai and my favorite sweater. Aimée's little friend is over to play and they are having a fantastic time putting those interlocking rings on their little wrists as bracelets. And I'm taking this moment to pause... to breathe... to allow the chaos surrounding me to create a cocoon where I can rest and be at peace.