Friday, November 9, 2012

Week of Nesting, Day 3...

Over the years we have gathered a tidy box of autumn things, and somehow between seasons I manage to forget what we have. Why, it's almost as suspenseful as a birthday, rediscovering each object! Today we pulled that box out, and I spent some time rearranging, hanging a wreath of leaves, and generally enjoying myself. Don't you love this roughly made wooden pear?

And the orange shortbread cookies from Day 2? It seemed appropriate that since they were made in the shape of acorns they should be dipped in chocolate just enough to create the cap. A simple detail I'll have to remember because it transformed plain little cookies into irresistible gems.

All day I've been putting off the one cleaning project planned for this Day 3: the appalling layer of dust and grease atop the kitchen cabinets. Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't that I have bottles of wine, serving bowls, tea pots and such stored up there. Disgusting. Anyhow, I gave up trying to summon the energy on my own and am using you, my readers as accountability. As soon as I put this online I will go attack that dirt as if my life depends on it. Ready? 1... 2... 3!